Pet Peeves, Fears, and Other Quirks About Me
I realized that my “About Me” page doesn’t really share much about me. I suppose it’s great professional marketing, but there isn’t much about who I really am. So, I decided I’d share some wacky and weird things about myself today.
We will start with some pet peeves of mine.
- I cannot stand when people chew with their mouth open! Its truly nauseating to me. That also comes from people who smack when they chew. I have a hard time eating with my grandparents because of this. Harsh, I know. My grandpa is a smacker. One time, my family and I were visiting for Easter and we were having our big Easter meal. My grandpa was next to me, on the other side was my great grandma (who had dentures, by the way) and across from me was my mom. My grandpa was smacking away (maybe he smacks because of his hearing aid. Maybe he wants to hear himself chew, but can’t if he chews regularly.), and my mom was kind of taking after her dad. Well, my great grandma’s dentures came loose! It was all I could do to stare at my plate until dinner was over. Ew!
- I don’t like slamming doors. Now, this is kind of odd because it’s not the traditional house doors. I can’t stand when people drop the bathroom stall doors and they bounce back and slam and slam and slam some more. This happens at work a lot, and for some reason, it always evokes a wild fear in me, like the slamming will wake some mighty monster from the depths below.
- Dirty house holds. Very conventional, I suppose. My OCD kicks in.
- Morbidly obese people. Another one that sounds extremely harsh, but hear me out! I feel bad for people who don’t do anything to improve their body, especially when they complain about it! Side note: Funny story: I had this bizarre dream last night that I was talking to a girl who was extremely obese and her lard kept falling out of her shorts’ pockets. At one point, my face got smushed between two lards and was rubbed repeatedly. Talk about a nightmare!
- In reference to complaints, I can’t stand when people say they are fat, whether they are or not! If you are, do something about it! If not, shut up!
- I can’t sleep with the closet door open. I think this is because when I was little I was extremely convinced a skeleton lived in my closet.
- My biggest fear is people who sleepwalk, though I have never actually encountered a sleepwalker. What’s even stranger is that I sleepwalk quite a bit. I don’t have any really crazy stories for this one, expect that my freshman year of college, I left my dorm room and pounded on some other girls’ room at about 3:00 in the morning. What’s really weird is that when I sleep walk, I will wake knowing that I did. It’s like a six sense, or my spidey-senses.
- Cock Roaches. Enough said.
- Feet. They are disgusting and dirty, and hairy, rotten, grotesque, Tarzan-like, smelly, and gross.
- Heights. I love to fly, but if I’m on a stationary object, like the top of a lighthouse, I freakout. I’m not really sure why because I don’t have any issue flying.
- I have an innate fear that I’m going to lose my mom. I guess this isn’t really all that out-there considering my father lost the battle to cancer eight years ago.
- Public speaking. I get really shaky, and self-conscious.
- Blood. Needles. Hospitals. Nursing homes. Doctors. Etc.
Other random quirks…
- I can vibrate my eyes oddly enough. All my siblings can.
- I have Dyslexia, which is learning disorder that affects your abilities to read, and yet I am an English major.
- I’m a Utah baby, but NOT a Mormon. I’m Baptist, and most importantly, a believer and follower of Christ.
- I am accomplished Gollum/Smeagol speaker. Yup! One time, my mom and I recorded my Gollum voice on the answering machine.
Kind of cute, right?
- I live a sheltered life because I haven’t seen many classics, like Titanic.
- I’ve only been to Disney once, and that was when I didn’t live in Florida.
I’m sure there are many more, but I just can’t think of them. Teehee! Hopefully, you don’t think I’m too weird. (;